Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mickey Mouse Watches at Disney Parks

posted on November 29th, 2010 at the Official Disney Parks Blog by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Modern Easy Reader Watches of the 'Timex for Disney' Collection

Do you remember your first Disney watch? I do. It was a Mickey Mouse watch that had a blue nylon band. I must have been about four or five when I received it, and I still have it today. Disney watches have quite a history. In 1933, Timex (then the Waterbury Clock Company), produced the very first Mickey Mouse clocks and watches under an exclusive license from Disney. Mickey Mouse timepieces were introduced to the public at the Chicago World’s Fair in June 1933 and quickly became a hit with fans of the little mouse. Some of those early watches are wonderful collectors’ items today (show of hands – do you have one?). I am excited to share that Disney Theme Park Merchandise has partnered with Timex to create a new “Timex for Disney” collection. I spoke with Lindsay Voigt, product developer for timepieces, about this collection coming to Disney Parks (and on-line) in December.

T-Series Chronograph Watches of the 'Timex for Disney' Collection

“I’ve been working on this partnership since January 2010,” explained Lindsay. “Timex watches are well-known and well-made with both classic and trendy designs. It seemed like a perfect fit to introduce this collection to the Disney Parks.”

Of the several different watch styles that will be introduced, I find it challenging to pick my favorite. I like the Modern Easy Reader style pictured at the top of this article as it reminds me of that watch I had as a kid. The T-Series Chronographs are pictured next. I like their simplistic style with a nice contemporary Mickey Mouse accent. Lindsay told me about her favorites.

Timex Classic Digital Watches of the 'Timex for Disney' Collection

“I have a difficult time selecting just one design,” said Lindsay. “Each design has elements and details that make the watch unique. If I had to pick one, I like the gold classic digital watch. It reminds me of the kind of watch that my grandfather and father had.”

Artwork for these watches was created by artists from Disney Design Group. Some of Lindsay’s inspiration came from classic Mickey Mouse designs to some recent urban inspired graphics seen in other merchandise categories like the “Oh Mickey!” program.

Modern Original Camper Watches of the 'Timex for Disney' Collection

“I also like the Modern Original Camper designs,” continued Lindsay. “The nylon bands are sportier than the Modern Easy Reader design. I’m happy that we are offering a variety of designs. Being the developer for timepieces, I like pairing great watches with my outfits. Now I have lots of choices.”
To launch the “Timex for Disney” collection, we are holding two special events. In Florida, an event will be held at the World of Disney Store on December 4. In California, we will hold an event on December 11 in the Fortuosity Shop at Disneyland park. At both events, there will be a representative from Timex to discuss the new watches and answer questions. We will also be offering these watches on our Disney Parks On-Line Store.

2 comments:

  1. Great collection of watches. All are unique thanks for sharing....


    events merchandise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great news! And love hosting! Thanks for sharing this great information!
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ភ្នាល់បាល់បក

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...